Wandering around my Mind

You never know what you might find here.

Wednesday, March 7, 2007

Today was a lot busier. Pretty much one meeting after another all day long. I did make some progress on a few fronts. For the most part we finished the draft speech for the Investor Conference in New York so it was good to get that out of the way. They called from school because Mac was sick but I was in a meeting and didn't get it until after they had finally found John. She wanted to know why I didn't answer.

Did some work on the name change for the company and making sure everybody understood that we needed a transition plan. I have to keep emphasizing the need to plan things out instead of just jumping in. It gets to be exhausting sometimes.

Ran through the issues with an asset in Dallas with the VP there and talked about how to approach some of them. In particular a good project manager quick today and we need to think about how to save them if its possible.

Finally got the call that my new car is ready and I will get to pick it up tomorrow. I should be more excited than I am. I remember getting really excited every other time I've gotten a new car. All jazzed about the new car smell and the sound of the new stereo and just wanting to ride around with the windows down and the stereo blaring. For some reason I am not that excited. Maybe I will be tomorrow when I actually see it and sit in it. After all it has been 3 months since I ordered it. I will miss my convertible. No more riding with the top down. But at least I won't be skidding around in the snow.

Lindsay called right before I left the office - ribs and shoulder were out when she went to the Chiro today. We have to figure out what is causing this. It happens all the time and is very painful.

1 comment:

Reed said...

I found it---your blog! Cool! MRPL