Wandering around my Mind

You never know what you might find here.

Sunday, March 11, 2007

A Beautiful Day

What a great Sunday. The sun was out all day and it was warmer but the wind was chilly. Slept late (later because of the time change) then headed to the store with the kids. John went to church. Came home and grilled burgers for lunch - yum! Added a little fresh basil from my indoor herb garden, some avocado and a tomato. Sadly the tomatoes here in Colorado are mostly hothouse tomatoes - not much flavor. I love a good tomato. You can grow the best tomatoes where I grew up in Kentucky. I wonder if it is the limestone in the soil or just the fact that the ground is really rich and the air is moist and hot. Anyway, when I was growing up we used to have a garden with my granddad and we had tons of tomatoes. I used to eat them like apples. I would eat so many that the acid would eat up the lining of my mouth. I didn't like the garden though. There were lots of bugs there and my brother used to throw the big, fat, green tomato worms at me. It gave me a worm phobia that I still have today.

Anyway, after that I had a massage. For anybody who has never had a massage...... You just don't know what you are missing. I starting getting massages about 7 years ago when I was training for this 60 mile walk and my hip was bothering me. So I have had the same massage therapist for all these years. She comes to our house and she is awesome. She gets all the knots out that I work up from stress at work every two weeks. I think I would rather go without food than to go without a regular massage. I think it helps me survive my stressful life without going off the deep end some days. Its the one time that I really do relax and let go. I highly recommend it.

After that I got on the spinning bike and then the Nordic track - still working on those 10 pounds. Just 30 minutes but according to my exercise watch I burned 300 calories so I guess that's good.

After picking up the kids at a friends we all came home and prepped dinner - put it in the oven and went for a walk. Dinner was ready when we got back. Pork tenderloin with an oregano, thyme, garlic rub, roast veggies (eggplant, carrots, broccoli and green beans) and some quinoa with tomato and basil. I have to say it was pretty good - even Jack and Mac ate most of it. I doubt Lindsay would have eaten it if she had been home but one of these days maybe she'll try. She doesn't like much of what I cook. Maybe its because she's a teenager. Who knows. She always ate whatever my mother cooked for her - but not my cooking. Anyway, she was over at the old neighborhood playing roller hockey all afternoon.

John and I cleaned the kitchen and I am sitting here "Chasing Vermeer" with Mary Mac.

I think I will go to bed early! Because tomorrow at 6 when the alarm goes off its going to feel like 5 - who invented Daylight savings time anyway. I think its a dumb idea.

No comments: