Wandering around my Mind

You never know what you might find here.

Saturday, March 17, 2007

Inspired to go to Yellowstone



A friend of mine who also happens to be a photographer just returned from Yellowstone. I have been there twice - both times in the summer. His photos inspired me to book a trip for the family. Lindsay is a budding photographer, studying it in college and my husband, John, is the ultimate outdoorsman. So we are planning to fly up to Bozeman and drive in to the north entrance - much of the park is closed in winter. Above are a few of the photos that inspired the trip. In a few weeks I should have some images of my own to show you. With Steve's advise and a little luck maybe they will be as awe inspiring as his.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

and...

I cant take better pictures than that...

Apologies to whoever actually took them...

...but I can, and I will

Anonymous said...

and...

I cant take better pictures than that...

Apologies to whoever actually took them...

...but I can, and I will

Martha said...

Not really sure why you found this one irritating. Actually, you suggested that we go to Yellowstone one evening when I was sitting on the couch with you telling you about Steve's (the photographer here)trip there a few weeks ago. I thought it was a great idea so we booked a trip for the whole family - to ENJOY ourselves and take in the great scenery. Seemed like it would be a way for us to spend time doing something that we have in common - taking photos. Though yours are much better than mine. Photography isn't really supposed to be some sort of competition. Its artistic expression. I find your reaction to this a bit baffling.

Lindsay said...

Ahh...but where I am currently, it is a competition...very much so.

All of us fight for the photo that no one has anything bad to say about it. We all fight for the photo from a different league...the one that's above all the others.

So yes, it is a competition...WITHIN artistic expression