Wandering around my Mind

You never know what you might find here.

Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Quieting the Mind

It is so much easier to write little snippets here than it is to work on my book. I find every distraction in the world to stop me from making progress. Actually, that's the problem with the world today. There are SO many distractions - constant media bombardment, options for entertainment, cell phones, handheld email devices. We are always ON and available. It makes it extremely difficult to quiet the mind.

I have been trying to quiet my mind by mediating 30 minutes each morning and evening. I am not doing so well. In the past week I think I have been able to do for about 15 minutes at most and usually just once a day. I am in a constant state of frenzy. Even when I sit down and try to quiet my mind. A million little thoughts run across my tele-prompter. I try to make them go away and it just leads me down another thought path.

I think that's why blogging is so popular these days, it makes a place to store all of the random thoughts from the tele-prompter. Be still my mind.

No comments: