Wandering around my Mind

You never know what you might find here.

Monday, March 26, 2007

Life at the Speed of Dial Up

I don't know if you are familiar with the commercial for Comcast with the two turtles but the Internet speed here at the Best Western in Gardiner, Montana would make those two turtles happy. Actually most of this little town in Montana moves at a much slower speed. I wonder how many little towns in America are like this. We went to the grocery store yesterday morning before heading to the Park. Mary Mac loved it! She said it was the best little tiny grocery store she had ever seen. Why didn't we have one in our town? There are a few motels, a few cabins, three or four bars, a couple of gas stations and only 2 restaurants open this time of year. I think you can get food at one of the bars but not with kids. The speed limit in town is 25 and the few cars going through town probably don't even drive that fast. You wouldn't want to go much faster or you might hit a deer. I almost did night before last.

We are leaving tomorrow afternoon. I think we'll just relax and do nothing in the morning before driving back to Bozeman. Maybe we can stop in one of the other little towns along the way on the way back - we saw a sign for Emigrant, Pray and Livingston. Livingston is actually pretty large in comparison to where we are. So the Internet isn't fast, my wireless card and my cell phone don't work. Well maybe if they did I would have never slowed down. It was nice for a change.

No comments: