Wandering around my Mind

You never know what you might find here.

Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Butterfly Chops

I just finished grilling some delicious chops. Usually when I make chops they are too dry and don't taste very good. I decided to modify a recipe I found in an old Martha Stewart Living magazine. I made a rub of about 5 minced or finely chopped garlic cloves, 3 tsp. Kosher salt, 3/4 tsp. of medium grind pepper, 2 tsp. finely chopped fresh oregano, about 4 leaves of Thai basil - finely chopped and about a tsp or so of finely chopped fresh thyme. I mixed those ingredients up and then poured about 2-3 Tablespoons of olive oil in and stirred it up. I rubbed this mixture on the chops and let them sit for about 5 minutes. Then I grilled them and was careful not to leave them on too long - my usual mistake.

Anyway, they were so juicy and the flavor was outstanding- the combination of the herbs, garlic and salt were really good. I surprised myself with my made up combination. The Martha Stewart recipe called for Sage - instead of the mixture of herbs I used. Anyway, you might want to try it on some butterfly chops or a pork tenderloin.

No comments: