Wandering around my Mind

You never know what you might find here.

Friday, April 20, 2007

Marine salute

http://denver.rockymountainnews.com/news/finalSalute/

Follow the link below to two slideshows on the final salute to fallen Marines at Buckley. I imagine it has sparked controversy from both sides of the fence. The right would say that it inflames the public and stops support for the war and the fight against terrorism. The left would use it as evidence that we should not be in Iraq.

The link was sent to me by my 18 year old daughter, Lindsay, who is studying to be a professional photographer. It says several things to me: only imagines can truly convey the cost of freedom, the honor and respect our military gives to each other is a national treasure that I believe does exist to the same level elsewhere, and that my daughter has chosen to pursue something (photography) that has tremendous power (particularly in the new media world).

1 comment:

Lindsay said...

you didn't watch them all if you only saw 2 of them...there were 5 i think...you might wanna watch the rest of them