Wandering around my Mind

You never know what you might find here.

Monday, October 20, 2008

A little bit about me





Here are a few photos of me here in Peru. My roommate Pauline is in two of the pictures and our "guide" from this past weekend is also in one of the photos. I think from looking at the photos I may be losing some weight. At least it looks so to me. I got something from the seafood last week and I couldn't eat for about a day. I have been really, really careful about what I eat ever sense then. On Saturday when we were traveling I went for 12 hours pretty much without food. When I did eat it was a terrible chicken sandwich. For dinner, I was afraid to order off the menu so I just ate spaghetti. Tonight was the first salad I have had in over a week. It was delicious - lettuce, apples, raisins, and shredded chicken with balsamic dressing. You have to be really careful about eating lettuce or salad at most places because they may wash it with tap water. The water here is really not safe to drink. They have a very high level of cholera. They talk a lot about what is good and bad for digestion which means they must have a lot of problems because of the water and the food. They also eat their large meal at lunch and eat very light for dinner.

Edith says she is very careful about eating in Cusco and the Machu Picchu area. So I will probably be starved by the time I get back. Maybe I will lose a few more pounds. One of my pairs of jeans is way too big right now. I have to keep pulling it up. I wonder if I will go back to eating US portion sizes when I get home.

No comments: